Well hello there!
It feels like forever since I shared a post here with you all… probably because it has been forever! Apologies for that.
Between working on my part of the upcoming ‘Paleo Community Cookbook’ and then needing a MAJOR break from all things blogging and social media, it’s been a while since I shared anything here. Thankfully that time away was just what I needed and something I will be sharing about in a future post and now I’m ready to go and start sharing again!
Anyway I was recently sent a copy of my friend Kelly from A Girl Worth Saving book ‘Paleo Eats’ which releases January 6th and my goodness is this book BEAUTIFUL! First of all if you haven’t checked out Kelly’s blog then PLEASE do me and yourself a favour and go check it out right now because seriously this girl is so talented! Not only are her recipes absolutely delicious but they are also simple to make and her food photography… forget about it!
The thing I love about Kelly’s work and her book is that it’s made for everyone. Whether you’ve been eating paleo for a while or even if you’re just thinking about going paleo or transitioning into this way of eating, Kelly has you covered! Those of us who have been eating this way for a while now know and remember how much of a BIG change it can be to transition to a paleo-friendly way of eating and of course it can also feel quite intimidating. Removing all the not so great foods and replacing them with paleo-friendly ingredients is a major step and then begins the battle of figuring out what to do with those ingredients, especially the ones you’ve never even heard of before, some of which can be pretty expensive!
That’s where Paleo Eats: 111 Comforting Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for the Foodie in You comes in… this book is much more than just your regular everyday cookbook, it’s written by someone who knows firsthand how hard it can be to start off on the journey to Paleo and even if you’re already eating this way, sometimes it can be hard to come up with new and tasty recipes to enjoy and to feed your family.
To help you navigate these waters and to help smoothly transition yourself and your family to this way of eating, Kelly has included a few special sections in Paleo Eats, including how to:
- Go Paleo without breaking the bank.
- Find the freshest, “cleanest” veggies.
- Work with new-to-you Paleo ingredients.
- Rescue a culinary disaster.
- Stock your Paleo pantry.
- Recreate you own family-favourite recipes.
Also included in the book are:
- 113 Easy to Follow Recipes.
- 10 Invigorating Breakfast Dishes.
- 27 Satisfying Dinner Recipes.
- 17 Can’t Miss Sides and Salads.
- 24 “To0-Good-To-Be-True” Desserts.
- 18 Must-Have Pantry Recipes.
- 5 Refreshing Drinks.
Lucky for you and me, because I got to already test out and eat this particular recipe from the book (and trust me it was DELISH!), Kelly has given me permission to share the recipe for her ‘Teriyaki Sauce’ from the book with you. When I first saw the recipe for the Teriyaki Sauce in the book, I thought WOW that looks good! And then I saw that the recipe only calls for a handful of ingredients, most of which you could probably find in your pantries right now and then I thought, well how about I take Kelly’s Teriyaki Sauce and make a whole meal out of it!
And so my ‘Asian Style Meatballs with Teriyaki Sauce’ idea was born! I have to tell you that this Teriyaki Sauce recipe absolutely just MADE this dish and I’m so thankful to Kelly for giving us this awesome Teriyaki Sauce recipe which I will be making again and again… and again!
Now before I share the amazing Teriyaki Sauce recipe I want to tell you to be sure to scroll all the way to the end of this post for your very own chance to win a copy of Kelly’s book!
Ok ready… :)
Asian Style Meatballs with Teriyaki Sauce
- 1lb/453g ground beef
- 1lb/453g ground pork
- 2 spring onions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced (plus a bit more for garnish)
- 1 egg, whisked (optional)
- ½ TBS freshly grated ginger
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the ground beef, pork, spring onions, egg (if using), fresh ginger, sea salt and black pepper.
- Use your hands to mix everything together, making sure not to over mix the ingredients.
- Form into medium-sized meatballs and place onto the prepared baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 mins.
- Remove from the oven, carefully place onto a clean plate and cover to keep warm.
- To make the Teriyaki Sauce, in a saucepan, off the heat, add in all of the ingredients for the Teriyaki sauce and whisk.
- Set the saucepan on medium-high heat and cook, whisking constantly for about 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place meatballs into a shallow frying pan.
- Pour over some of the Teriyaki Sauce.
- Garnish with some sliced spring onion.
- Allow any leftover Teriyaki Sauce to cool down before placing into a jar. The sauce can be kept in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Serve over zucchini noodles for a complete meal!
And now for your chance to enter to win a copy of ‘Paleo Eats’ and to get your own hands on Kelly’s delicious recipes!
To enter follow the prompts on the Rafflecopter Giveaway below.
Entries are open to U.S. residents ONLY.
The giveaway will end Friday December 26th.
The winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond, at which time if they haven’t responded a new winner will be chosen.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support this blog and its activities I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. All of the products I recommend are ones that I either own/have used myself or that I believe to be valuable. If your purchase a product via an affiliate link on this blog your cost will stay the same but Cinnamon Eats will receive a small commission, which will be used for the maintenance of this site. Thank you for your support!