If you know me personally you’d know how much I love to read and reading books (REAL hold in your hand paper books and not electronic books) is one of my favourite things to do. While I enjoy reading all sorts of books, my love for cooking and reading make cookbooks one of my favourites to read, now it may sound strange to some that one would actually read a cookbook but for me when I get my hands on a cookbook I know it’s a winner if I want to curl up on the couch and read it cover to cover… which is exactly what I did with ‘Mediterranean Paleo Cooking’.
I was lucky to be sent this beautiful book for review and I have to tell you as soon as I took the book out of it’s package I thought OH WOW!!! And once I opened up the book I knew immediately that I this was a winner! It is so obvious from looking through this book that it was made from love and with love. Every picture, every word, every last detail is just so well done and I can’t even imagine how much time and energy went into the making and creation of this book but suffice to say that all of those involved should be extremely proud.
Maybe it’s because there’s a history linked to this book that makes it so special, the fact that the recipes are derived from traditional recipes that Chef Nabil grew up with and the fact that his awesome wife Caitlin worked alongside her husband to adapt these recipes to make them Paleo friendly and how the amazing Diane stepped in and added her magic touch to the book. There’s a story behind this book and it is evident in each and every page, which to me makes for an amazing cookbook. The recipes are so similar to those I grew up eating which is why I’m really loving this book!
So now that I have shared my feelings on the book let’s dive in a little deeper into what ‘Mediterranean Paleo Cooking’ has to offer.
Mediterranean Paleo Cooking – What’s inside:
Not only is ‘Mediterranean Paleo Cooking’ filled with over 150 delicious recipes but it also contains the following special features:
- A guide on how to use Mediterranean spices (of course you all know cinnamon is my favourite!).
- 30-day meal plans for the Autoimmune Paleo Protocol and for Paleo in general.
- Recipe modifications for Autoimmune Paleo Protocol (112 recipes).
- Recipe modifications for GAPS and SCD (159 recipes).
- Recipe modifications for lower-carb eating plans (158 recipes).
- Recipe modifications for those who are nut-free (152 recipes).
- Recipe modifications for those who are egg-free (129 recipes).
- Special meal ideas (Brunch, Food Nerd, Party, AIP, Tapas Party, Sunday Family Supper and Casual Dinner Party).
Now if that isn’t enough to convince you to buy this book maybe a teaser recipe photo will be ;)
When I was going through this book, so many recipes jumped out at me and to be honest I would pretty much eat everything that’s in this book! The very first thing I wanted to make though was the ‘Paleo Moussaka’ because HELLO Moussaka is AMAZING and now I can have a Paleo version! You bet I made that dish and holy moly it was DELICIOUS! Oh and so ridiculously simple to make… which is what will all want right? A dish that is simple to make but one that tastes amazing and this recipe ticks both those boxes. If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen me share a photo of this recipe, if not here it is…
Now tell me that doesn’t look incredible! And just because here’s some other recipes you can look forward to in ‘Mediterranean Paleo Cooking’…
‘Mediterranean Paleo Cooking’ is officially releasing on October 28th so in honour of it’s upcoming release I’m giving away ONE COPY of this awesome cookbook to ONE lucky winner! And this is an INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY so anyone can enter! Keep reading below the giveaway image to see how you can enter to win!
How to enter:
This is an INSTAGRAM GIVEAWAY and is open INTERNATIONALLY
- Head over to Instagram and follow me @cinnamoneats
- Follow ALL of the awesome people who made this book happen: @grassfedgirl @dianesanfilippo and @grassfedchef
- Tag TWO friends in the comments under the picture of this giveaway on Instagram
- The winner will be chosen randomly on Friday, October 24th at 8pm EST
- If the winner is from outside of the U.S. they will need to email me with a phone number
Please make sure to follow ALL of the above for valid entry into this giveaway… GOOD LUCK!
*PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support this blog and its activities I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. All of the products I recommend are ones that I either own/have used myself or that I believe to be valuable. If your purchase a product via an affiliate link on this blog your cost will stay the same but Cinnamon Eats will receive a small commission, which will be used for the maintenance of this site. Thank you for your support!