Last night I felt like making something different, something that I’ve probably only ever made once or twice before, in fact I can’t even remember the last time I made these myself. The main part of the recipes comes courtesy of Balanced Bites with a few minor adjustments in the recipe. I have been following this blog recently and am eager to get my hands on the Practical Paleo cookbook which from what I’ve heard is choc full of great easy and delicious Paleo recipes.
I paired the main part of this dish, which is lamb chops with an easy but delicious raw kale salad. I absolutely LOVE kale! It is packed full of goodness with things like fiber, iron, calcium, vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants and it is also an anti-inflammatory food.
ROSEMARY AND THYME LAMB WITH RAW KALE SALAD
Lamb chops recipe adapted from here.
- 6 lamb chops
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, de-stalked
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, de-stalked
- 1-2 Tbsp ghee
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C/400F.
- Next prepare your salt blend, I did this using my [spice grinderhttp://amzn.to/1qX3TCY]. Place rosemary and thyme into the grinder and added some sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Grind until blended. Set aside.
- Heat an oven proof grill pan on medium-high heat.
- Brush each side of the lamb chops with some melted ghee. Season the lamb chops on both sides with the rosemary & thyme salt blend.
- Place lamb chops onto the hot grill pan and sear each side for 2 minutes. Place the whole pan into the hot oven for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and keep the lamb chops warm while you make your salad.
- For the salad, chop up the kale as finely as you can.
- Place chopped kale into a bowl and squeeze over half the juice of a fresh lemon and pour over some extra virgin olive oil. Mix together and let this sit for 10 minutes. Then add in a pinch of red pepper flakes (or more if you like) and sprinkle over some sea salt and again mix everything together.
- Serve lamb chops along side the kale salad.