It’s hard to believe that another year is almost behind us… seriously where does the time go? I was just speaking to my family back in Australia before I sat down to write this post and my mum was saying the same thing. It’s funny to think that they are already in 2013! I feel like I’m living in the past ;)
Anyway I thought I would take this time to first of all thank all of you for sharing in this journey of mine through this blog. Thank you for taking the time to read my posts, comment and like the content that I provide, I hope that in 2013 I can give you even more!
I also want to take this time to reflect back on the past year… it’s still hard to believe that Joe and I have been living in Michigan for almost 2 years. Sometimes it feels like we’ve been here for much longer and other times it feels as if we just stepped off the plane. It’s been an interesting journey so far living on the other side of the world from our families and friends but I’m glad we took the plunge and got the chance to experience life in a new country. We have also been lucky enough to be able to do some travelling while we have been here… places like Chicago (which is definitely my favourite city that we’ve travelled to) and which you can read about here and here, we also travelled to New York (read about it here, here, here and here), Niagara Falls and Toronto (you can read about that trip here) and most recently to California which you can read about here.
And now that 2013 is around the corner I wanted to take a page out of my dear friend’s book, who is all about writing her goals down and share some of my goals which I hope to achieve in the New Year!
My Goals for 2013
- Travel more.
- Get a full-time teaching job.
- Cook more.
- Take the time to try out new dishes and put my own twist on them or even just create more dishes of my own.
- Read more (I currently have about 4 books waiting to be read!)
- Continue to read about topics that interest me (Autism, Psychology, Paleo and Primal living and other related topics).
- Listen to more podcasts.
- Walk everyday (I currently walk about 5-6 times a week so I’m nearly there).
- Develop better exercise habits (mainly to be at the gym more consistently).
- Go bike riding (I’ve wanted a bike for a while now and hoping to get one next year!)
- Develop better sleep/wake pattern (I’ve been all over the shop with this one).
- Taking the time enjoy the little things (like walking through the snow with Joe).
I’m excited for the new year and look forward to see what 2013 has in store!
I wish you all the HAPPIEST NEW YEAR! I hope your 2013 is filled with health, laughter, happiness and whatever you desire!
P.S. Please feel free to share any of your own goals for 2013 in the comments :)