Here’s the GOOD news… we’ve found a new place to move into! BUT we can’t move in until early September so we’ll still be in this place for a bit longer but
I we seriously can’t wait to move out of here! The new place is bigger, in a better location AND it’s not in an apartment block, it’s in a gated community with the houses attached to each other which means no more having to deal with people above us making noises all night! AND my FAVOURITE part of all is we will be living LITERALLY across the road from a castle! How cool is that! :)
I’m looking forward to seeing how the new kitchen works out… it’s always an adjustment when you move into a new place! By the way this will be our 6th move (including moving from Australia to America, then America to here) in 3 years so yes you can call me ‘The Moving Queen’ ;)
Anyway so this recipe I’m about to share with you is not very sweet at all, in fact the only thing that gives it some sweetness is the homemade coconut butter on top… don’t worry coconut butter is EASY to make! It could be sweeter depending on if you add sweetener to it which I didn’t, but other than that there’s no sweetener in these paleo carrot pancakes.
I made these paleo carrot pancakes with coconut butter for breakfast the other morning. I didn’t feel like meat or eggs or veggies… it’s happened before and I’ve blogged about it here. I didn’t want to turn this into a sweet treat which is why I left out any sweetener but like I said above you can choose to add it on if you like. Also even though this doesn’t have any sweetener in it I STILL wouldn’t eat this everyday for breakfast, the usual eggs/meat with veggies and sometimes fruit will ALWAYS be my go to BUT every now and then I like to try something different.
One more thing before I share the recipe with you, if you don’t want to make coconut butter you can always top these of with something like raw honey, maple syrup, grass-fed butter, nut butter or sliced bananas… basically what you top these with is your choice!
CARROT PANCAKES WITH COCONUT BUTTER
- ½ cup mashed carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 TBS coconut flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Coconut oil or ghee for greasing the pan
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Chopped hazelnuts for garnish (optional)
- Raw honey or maple syrup to sweeten (optional)
- To make the coconut butter, pour unsweetened coconut flake into a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Process/blend the coconut flakes until you reach a smooth buttery consistency. See my post on how to make coconut butter.
- Remove to a container and set aside. Wash food processor.
- In a food processor add in the mashed carrots, eggs, vanilla seeds/vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, sea salt, coconut flour and baking soda. Process until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Using a spatula scrap the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Heat a pan on medium and add in some coconut oil or ghee.
- Once heated using a ¼ cup measure, pour dollops of pancake mix into the pan. Do this in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan and leave room to flip the pancakes.
- Cook both sides until done. A couple of minutes on each side.
- Stack them up on a plate as you go. Once finished add some of your homemade coconut butter on top and sprinkle on some chopped hazelnuts.
*PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support this blog and its activities I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. All of the products I recommend are ones that I either own/have used myself or that I believe to be valuable. If your purchase a product via an affiliate link on this blog your cost will stay the same but Cinnamon Eats will receive a small commission, which will be used for the maintenance of this site. Thank you for your support!