It’s been a great first week in our new place! We’re pretty much settled in and unpacked which always feels nice. Both Joe and I feel so much more content and happier in this place than the last one… we both keep saying we wish we were living here from the start but I’m sure we appreciate it that much more because we had to go through living in a not so nice place with lots of problems at the start.
This is the first recipe I’m sharing from our new place… YAAAYYYY!!! For this recipe I got to thinking about classic flavour combinations, specifically two or three ingredients that go REALLY well together and that have stood the test of time. Things like salt and caramel, garlic, tomato and basil or chocolate and bacon… YEP! All fantastic flavour combinations.
One of the quickest and easiest things I make are meatballs, we buy a lot of ground meat, it’s cheaper than a lot of other cuts of meat and convenient as it can be prepared a number of different ways. Plus you can flavour it in SO many different ways that personally I find it hard to get sick of.
Anyway back to the recipe! So since we had some pastured ground pork in the freezer I decided to use that as the base for my meatballs, then I thought about what flavours go well with pork and I decided on apple and tarragon. I mean talk about a classic combination! Pork and apples together are AMAZING but the addition of tarragon makes it even BETTER!
APPLE TARRAGON MEATBALLS
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper.
- Place ground pork into a mixing bowl.
- Wash, core, peel and grate the apple on a box grater or in a food processor. Add the grated apple to the pork.
- Add the tarragon and season with the S&P.
- Using your hands mix everything together well.
- Form medium sized meatballs with your hands with the mixture and place onto the lined baking tray as you go.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Place under broiler for 2-3 minutes so the meatballs become golden on top (optional).
If you would like to share my recipes or photos, please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog or website. Failure to do so is a copyright violation.
*PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. nazkovacs.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.