I made this recipe when we were still in England and the weather was starting to get quite cold! Root vegetables being in season back there, I decided to make these parsnip fries one day! Parsnips are one of those vegetables which I feel are quiet underused… or maybe that’s just me?
In any case this root vegetable is quite tasty and can be served up in so many ways. For e.g. check out what my friend Alisa created with her parsnips recently (YUM!). I decided to go for fries/chips (I use these two terms interchangeably) and wanted to share two different versions of these.
So here we go…
PARSNIP FRIES TWO-WAYS
- Preheat oven to 230C/450F.
- Line a large baking tray/two smaller baking trays with parchment paper.
- Cut parsnips into fry like pieces then divide between two mixing bowls.
- In one bowl add the pumpkin spice and in the other add the Hungarian paprika. Add a pinch of sea salt to both.
- Use your hands to mix the spices into the parsnip fries well.
- Arrange fries onto the prepared baking tray/trays. Drizzle 1 TBS melted coconut oil over both sets of fries.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes on one side before flipping over and baking for another 10-15 minutes on the other.
- Carefully remove from the oven and hit the fries with another sprinkling of sea salt while they're still hot out of the oven.
If you would like to share my recipes or photos, please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog or website. Failure to do so is a copyright violation.
*PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. nazkovacs.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.