I am a self-confessed cooking show junkie! I love watching cooking shows, especially the competition style ones like MasterChef or Top Chef. Lately I’ve been watching the latest season of Australia’s My Kitchen Rules. I’m obsessed with that show right now, plus I love watching it because of the Aussie accents… reminds me of home!
Anyway on a recent episode one of the couples made a dish using cinnamon and salmon which I thought was interesting. They made a cinnamon biscuit/cookie to go with their salmon, but in the end it didn’t work out so well for them. I was intrigued by the idea though and decided to give my own twist on the whole cinnamon and salmon idea. Cinnamon is one of those spices that can be used in both savoury and sweet dishes and a quick Google search of ‘salmon and cinnamon’ will bring up quiet a few results.
I wanted to keep this dish simple but tasty. Salmon is one of my favourite fish so ruining a piece of salmon is not my idea of fun! The honey glaze, cinnamon and macadamias all worked so well together in this dish! Serve on top of a nice salad or as I did on a bed of spinach and you’re good to go.
HONEY GLAZED SALMON WITH CINNAMON MACADAMIA CRUST
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Line a baking tray with foil/parchment paper.
- Place ground macadamia nuts onto a plate and add in the ground cinnamon and a pinch of Himalayan salt. Stir to combine.
- Pat dry both sides of each piece of salmon with a paper towel.
- Using a silicone pastry brush, brush both sides of each piece of salmon with some honey.
- One at a time, take a piece of salmon and press both sides into the macadamia mixture, using your hands to press the crust into the salmon.
- Place each piece of fish onto a clean plate as you go.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add in about 1-2 TBS of coconut oil.
- Fry each piece of salmon on either side for 1-2 minutes to get a golden colour on the crust.
- Remove each piece to the lined baking tray as you go.
- Once all pieces are on the tray, place in the preheated oven to bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked through.
If you would like to share my recipes or photos, please use the contact form to send me a message before using any of my content on your blog or website. Failure to do so is a copyright violation.
*PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. nazkovacs.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.