Uborkasálata is a simple and refreshing cucumber salad from Hungary and it is one of my husband’s favourites. Since our recent trip to Budapest I have been making more Hungarian recipes at home and will be sharing them over time here with you. This cucumber salad has 8 ingredients, 2 of those are optional so you can see it really is a simple. This simple cucumber salad can also be kept covered in the fridge for a few days to enjoy.
In other news we finally went through all 370 photos we took while in Budapest and now I need to whittle them down to a select few to share with you here… which will be hard. Is it weird that I don’t even remember how long it has been since we got back? Seriously I feel like the weeks just fly by, not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing but at least the weather here is improving as the days go by so that’s a definite plus.
Back to the topic of simple salads please share with me in the comments below your simple go to salad at home.
SIMPLE CUCUMBER SALAD UBORKASALÁTA
- Peel and very thinly slice the cucumbers (a mandolin works best for this).
- Place into a mixing bowl and sprinkle on ½ tsp of Himalayan salt. Toss to coat.
- Cover and set aside for an hour.
- After that time squeeze out excess water then rinse in a strainer .
- Place back into a mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl add in the filtered water, white wine vinegar, raw honey and the other ½ tsp of Himalayan salt. Add the paprika here as well if you want to.
- Use a whisk to mix everything together.
- Pour the dressing over the cucumber.
- Let sit for an hour before serving.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top if you tolerate it and want to add it on top. Enjoy!
*PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support this blog and its activities I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. All of the products I recommend are ones that I either own/have used myself or that I believe to be valuable. If your purchase a product via an affiliate link on this blog your cost will stay the same but Cinnamon Eats will receive a small commission, which will be used for the maintenance of this site. Thank you for your support!